The Flemish organisation for a justice and responsible agriculture Wervel has published the book 'Legal!'. The book links our European consumption pattern with the destructions on the other side of the ocean. It contains many examples of greenwashing in Brazil and in Europe.
The autor Luc Vankrunkelsven is already or many years living half of the time in Brazil and he has always been following the soy expansion from close by.Read more...
This is the long title of a new brochure produced by A SEED. Besides explaining the many aspect of agrofuel related problems it, the brochure is mentioning ways to go to reduce the emission of greenhouse gasses and to live with a radical lower energy use.
You can read the brochure on-line print the higher resolution pdf-file version. Or try to obtain a paper version.
Small version (72dpi, 8.8 MB, to read on a screen)
Large version (150dpi, 31.8 MB, to print)
Besides in English version there is also a version in German: "Agrotreibstoffe, kein Mittel gegen Ölabhängigkeit und Klimawandel. - Für eine gerechte Verteilung von Land un Energie sowie ein nachhaltiges Konsumverhalten" Read more...
We had made a nice flyer to hand out during the tour. Here you find a digital gif-version of the dutch version: front & back.
On another page you can you can read about all tour stops. Read more...
- the dutch regulation and policy concerning GMOs;
- coexistence and contamination;
- experiences with the growing of GM-potatoes and maize;
- reports of previous public debates;
- technical background information about genetic manipulation;
- expectations and possible risks;
- consequences of GMOs for the rest of the world;
- GMO-free! What you can do yourself to achieve this.